Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

WHAT WORKS

I recently blogged about our "game plan" for surviving flourishing our relationship over the next year. We all know that plans don't always go as, well, planned. So here are some "DOs" and "DON'Ts" I've discovered even in these short couple weeks...

DO:

1. Send picture messages
I have found this is a great way to stay connected throughout your day and really give the other a better sense of being with you. My personal favorite is the "Good Morning" picture message after waking up!


 2. Go into detail and elaborate
BE CAREFUL! ;)
You are not spending everyday with this person, but elaborating on stories about your day can be a great way to have "quality time." I know it can be tiring after a long day and it is often easier to share the bare basics of your day. However this is a slippery slope to a boring rut!





DON'T:

1. Watch romance movies
I went to redbox the other day and they did not have much of a selection. I came across an indie flick I remembered wanting to see awhile ago, so I rented it. Turns out it was about a LONG DISTANCE dysfunctional RELATIONSHIP!! All I'm going to say is they are BAD NEWS---I'm sure you can paint a picture.





I'M SURE I'LL HAVE LOADS MORE OF "DOs" AND "DON'Ts" TO SHARE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!

XOXO Alexa 

1 comment:

  1. love.love.love.it and love the little pictures over the pictures! your awesome:)

    ReplyDelete