Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Be Challenged

 God has used a man named Francis Chan to challenge me to grow and deepen my faith throughout the past few years. Francis Chan is a christian author and pastor in Southern California. I have read two books by him that have deeply affected my life: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God and Forgotten God: Reversing our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit. In fact I have read Crazy Love multiple times. There are so many side notes and highlighter marks in that book! If you have not read these books yet I would encourage you to look into them. If you have read them, I would encourage you to re-read them!

DISCLAIMER: There may be times you feel the need to put one of the books down for a couple days, because it is just that challenging.

Both books are $6
used on Amazon!
That is okay! The Lord tells us in John 15 that he will cut off every branch in our lives that does not bear fruit and even the ones that do bear fruit he will prune! If you could fly through these books without taking a step back, questioning your life, or feeling the need to really pray then it probably isn't sinking in as much as it should be. Use these books as an opportunity to grow in your walk with God, because he says

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15:5



XOXO Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment